I haven't had much to say since I have been nursing a cold, sinus thing. Today is Saturday, another day of washing clothes etc. I don't have much to say other than I am thinking about where/when I can plan a little time off. My vacation time has been adding up and frankly I haven't had a week off since September when my father came for a visit. Last weekend there was a lot of driving to NJ to see my mother in law. My husband decided to give her his old car (he wanted to restore it but never did) because she needed a car. It was a lot of driving since we both had to drive there (a 5 hour drive) and then back the next day. My MIL is "smokey" therefore I didn't sleep well and suffered for several days after. I despise the smell of cig smoke and cannot tolerate it anymore. I do think I am highly allergic to it. I know she wanted us to stay there for a longer time since she doesn't get to see him as much as she'd like. I am sure I take the blame for this. She thinks that I needed to get back to work (while is was Robert who wanted to get back to HIS work). I always tell him to go there and visit. My MIL is a nice woman but if you were there you would understand. The woman talks non stop and if you aren't listening she'll shove her elbow into your arm and laugh. Truth be told I am not much of a talker when I am in those situations I'd rather just sit back and let her do most of the talking. I like peace and quiet :) There's much more to say about the trip but I won't bore you with the details.
I have been taking a retreat from reading blogs, etc. I feel that it's consuming me too often and I need a break. I want a break thinking about my own self pity shit and other folks shit too. I know it sounds harsh but I feel liek it's putting me into a downward spiral. The only blog that I can truly read is a blog of a real life friend who I do worry about and will often "check in" to see how she is.
I just need a retreat :)
Have a great weekend.
Multi-grain Sandwich Bread, easy enough for beginners
-
Frequent readers of Home by 28 Cooks know that we are a bread lovin'
family. I know, I know - gluten is evil. But gluten is also tasty. And it
also happens...
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment